Tuesday, September 04, 2007

FCAS Movie Nite: Ratatouille & Pepper Lunch

Many 'foodie' movies were released on theatres recently, and we decided to organise an FCAS Movie Nite to watch "Ratatouille". This movie received rave reviews, and even got a 5/5 rating by Ong Sor Fern, our local movie critic who gives really strict reviews. I enjoy watching animation too, and having food as the subject was a definite plus point. I was surprised that so many of our FCAS members turned up for the dinner and movie. Lots of new members showed up, including Leslie, Andrew, Viola and Robin. Welcome to FCAS!

We had dinner at a small DIY fast food steakhouse at the basement of Dhoby Ghaut MRT station called "Pepper Lunch". I enjoy eating here because you get the chance to 'cook' your food under the sizzling hot plate they provide, and they provide this really delicious 'honey brown sauce' to go with your dish. I usually put lots of the 'honey brown sauce' into my mixture to fry, and it tastes absolutely delicious! The food they serve here is Japanese, and they are quite well known for their Beef Pepper Rice @ $8.50 (the cheapest on their menu), and probably their Pepper Steak @ $14.90. As for the ambience, you can expect something similar to that of a fast food outlet like MOS Burger or McDonalds, but prices here are more expensive. It used to be slightly cheaper until they raised it by about $1-2 recently.

It was a great meal - fast to cook, and good to eat! Not only did I enjoy the food here, the concept was also unique and refreshing. Overall, I give this restaurant 7 stars out of 10, and I won't mind coming back here again for a quick bite, especially when I'm in a hurry!

After watching the movie "Ratatouille", especially when Remy (the rat) prepared the dish "ratatouille" (a very humble traditional stewed vegetable dish) for Ego (the demanding food critic), I began craving immensely for this! Where can I find good ratatouille in Singapore? I can only think of one place at the moment - Stewhaus Restaurant along Siglap, but that will have to wait some other time for review.

Article written by Davyd Chong.

To find out more about Pepper Lunch Restaurant, click here and here.
To find out more about the movie "Ratatouille", click here.
Address: 11 Orchard Road #B1-12 Dhoby Gaut MRT Station
Contact: 63386165, Operating Hours: 11am - 10pm

0 comments: